Just as with alcohol or drugs, people can get addicted to gambling. Having a one-time losing streak will not change your lifestyle but losing sufficient amounts of money on a regular basis indicates signs of compulsive gambling. Problem gambling causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. It usually begins in adolescence in men and later in women.
This behavior usually progresses from occasional gambling to habitual gambling. The urge to gamble becomes so great that the tension can only be relieved by more gambling. Higher stakes and personal risks become involved, as well as neglect of other interests, family, and work.
If you are unsure about what consistutes gambling addiction we recommend you take the time to complete this brief questionnaire:
Thank you for completing this questionnaire
Based on your answers it would seem that you do not currently suffer from gambling addiction.
However, please keep in mind that this assessment should not be used as professional advice but more as a guide.
As always you may limit your gambling here. Should you still feel that you need to stop your gambling we recommend that you self-exclude yourself from Slotty Vegas for gambling problems and seek professional help from any of the following institutions:
Thank you for completing this questionnaire
Based on your answers it would seem that you might currently be suffering from gambling addiction and related problems
Although this assessment should not be used as professional advice it is recommended that you self-exclude from Slotty Vegas for gambling problems and seek professional help from any of the following institutions:
Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behavior is challenging and may not always be possible. Counselling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behavior. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful.
Take a look at these questions and see whether they apply to you.
- Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
If your reply to any or some of these questions is in the affirmative, they you are urged to ask for help or contact one of the following:
- European Casino Association Helplines – europeancasinoassociation.org
- National Council on Problem Gambling – ncpgambling.org
- Global Gambling Guidance Group – gx4.com
- Gamblers Anonymous – gamblersanonymous.org
- GamBan – gamban.com
Gambling filters and active prevention
Slotty Vegas Internal Procedures & Regulations
Max Entertainment endorses a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways:
- Employees are trained to recognize problem gamblers and take appropriate actions when they identify compulsive or underage gambling;
- A membership can be cancelled and a gambler prevented from using the site, if such gamer asks Max Entertainment to do so;
- Procedures profiling players and identifying a players’ age are in place in order to prevent and preclude underage gaming;
- Upon request the player’s mail address can be removed from Max Entertainment's email list.
In accordance with its Responsible Gaming Policy Max Entertainment also gives the opportunity to the player to limit the amount that the player may wager. A player may place a limit by written notice or electronic notice to Max Entertainment.
- Set a limit on the amount the player may wager within a specified period of time;
- Set a limit on the losses the player may incur within a specified period of time;
- Set a limit on the amount of time the player may play in any one session;
- Exclude the player from playing for a definite or indefinite period of time.
A player who has set a limit or exclusion under this regulation may change or revoke the limit or exclusion by written notice or electronic notice given to Max Entertainment.
A notice increasing or revoking a limit or decreasing the exclusion has effect only after seven days after Max Entertainment has received the notice. A notice reducing a limit or increasing the exclusion has effect immediately after it is received by the Max Entertainment.
Max Entertainment shall not accept a wager from a player contrary to a limit or exclusion set by the player himself.
Max Entertainment is also precluded, through its internal policies and controls as well as the legislation of the state of Malta, from giving any form of credit to players or any form of loan.