Just as with alcohol or drugs, people can get addicted to gambling. Having a one-time losing streak will not change your lifestyle but losing sufficient amounts of money on a regular basis indicates signs of compulsive gambling. Problem gambling causes disruptions in any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. It usually begins in adolescence in men and later in women.
This behavior usually progresses from occasional gambling to habitual gambling. The urge to gamble becomes so great that the tension can only be relieved by more gambling. Higher stakes and personal risks become involved, as well as neglect of other interests, family, and work.
1. Prevention of the urge to develop addictive behavior is challenging and may not always be possible. Counselling may benefit people who are prone to compulsive gambling or other addictive behavior. People with close relatives who are compulsive gamblers might be at higher risk and should be especially careful.
2. Take a look at these questions and see whether they apply to you:
3. If your reply to any or some of these questions is in the affirmative, they you are urged to ask for help or contact one of the following:
4. Gambling filters and active prevention
1. NRR Entertainment endorses a policy of responsible gaming and seeks to address this problem in a number of ways:
2. In accordance with its Responsible Gaming Policy NRR ENTERTAINMENT also gives the opportunity to the player to limit the amount that the player may wager. A player may by written notice or electronic notice to NRR ENTERTAINMENT:
3. A player who has set a limit or exclusion under this regulation may change or revoke the limit or exclusion by written notice or electronic notice given to NRR ENTERTAINMENT.
4. A notice increasing or revoking a limit or decreasing the exclusion has effect only after seven days after NRR ENTERTAINMENT has received the notice. A notice reducing a limit or increasing the exclusion has effect immediately after it is received by the NRR ENTERTAINMENT.
5. NRR ENTERTAINMENT shall not accept a wager from a player contrary to a limit or exclusion set by the player himself.
6. NRR ENTERTAINMENT is also precluded, through its internal policies and controls as well as the legislation of the state of Malta, from giving any form of credit to players or any form of loan.