Version 1.3 last updated 16.05.2019
In this Policy references to "we", "us" and “our” shall mean any company in the Maxent Limited group of companies. References to "you" and "your" shall refer the person using our Website(s) and providing personal information to us.
This document describes the type of information used, the purposes and practices of managing your information. By submitting your data and using our site, you consent to the use of your personal information as outlined in this section.
If you have any questions on how your personal information is treated or require further clarification you are welcome to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org We will do our best to process all reasonable requests in a timely manner.
- Who Are We
- How can you get in touch?
- Protection of minors
- Collecting your personal information
- What information we collect and where we store it.
- Use of your personal information
- Your Choice - Direct Marketing
- Sharing your personal information
- International Transfer
- Security of your data
- Legal responsibility & protection of your personal data
- Update your Personal Information
- Your rights & choices over your personal information
- Right to access the information we hold about you
- Identity Verification
- Information for Data Subject Access Request
- Review of Information
- Response to access Requests
- Data Subject Access Request Refusals
- Retention of your personal information
- Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
- External Sites
1. Who are We
Slotty Vegas is operated and managed by Maxent Ltd. Maxent Ltd is a Limited Liability Company registered under the laws of Malta in the European Union with registration number C47261 and a registered address “JPR Buildings, Level 2, Triq Taz-Zwejt, San Gwann, SGN 3000, Malta”.
2. How can you get in touch?
For general queries please do not hesitate to get in touch with our Customer Support team via our Livechat service or by emailing email@example.com. If you have specific questions regarding your personal information or how we use it, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Protection of minors
The services provided by Slotty Vegas are not intended for or directed to minors or persons under the age of legal consent. Any person who provides us with personal information represents to us that they are 18 years of age or over the age of legal consent in their jurisdiction. If we become aware that a minor has attempted to or has submitted personal information, we may not accept this information and may take steps to remove such information from our records.
4. Collecting your personal information
Your information is processed to make it possible for us to provide our Services to you, according to legal or regulatory obligations and where it is in our legitimate interests to do so.
Personal data is collected for periods no longer than necessary when:
- Visiting our site
- Registering an account with us
- Using your account and transacting with us (i.e. depositing, withdrawing or placing bets)
- Contacting us via email, phone, or live support.
Where required for security and responsible gaming reasons, we may append the information that you provide us with data received or gathered from third-party sources (e.g. social media and networking sites). Examples include information published on the internet about or by you.
5. What information we collect and Where we store it
We will be processing your private information and will do so with no prejudice to your rights, freedoms, and interests. There is no obligation to share your information with us, but failure to do so may result in being unable to make full use of our Product.
The personal information we will collect may include:
- Any information that you provide when registering an account
- Your betting history
- Your customer account transaction history, including card, bank or online payment provider details
- Any communication made through any of the available communication channels of Slotty Vegas, including contacts made via chat, email, and phone
- Details about your participation in competitions offered through our channels, including but not limited to Tournaments or Races
- Survey participation or other service assessments we may carry out from time to time
- Information of any personal preferences
- Information linked to the use and management of your casino account, such as system logs of effected account settings changes, login, IP and location data.
We may send you a permanent cookie when you register with us. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your computer's hard disk for record-keeping purposes. You are not obliged to accept a cookie from us or any other website. You can update your browser so that it will not accept cookies. Please consult the "Help" section of your browser for instructions on how to do so correctly. However, for legitimate security reasons, we may refuse access to specific website content unless you accept the use of a cookie or similar device.
7. Use of your personal information
Your personal information is used to optimize the delivery of our services and to:
- Allow you to register, access and manage your customer account
- Accept, manage bets and payment transactions
- Process any requests for information made via our website, or support through email, chat and/or phone
- Undertake all steps required to ensure security and identify the appropriate verification checks
- Monitor and improve the level of our services and improve customer satisfaction
- Track game, bonus and payment preferences and better cater to individual needs either through the creation of targeted offers or customized loyalty packs
- Analyse customer trends and better market our services or products by communicating information about available promotional offers
- Notify you about available promotions after receiving your consent
- Send you updates on changes made to our software and/or services
- Support any of the intended purposes stated explicitly at the time at which you provided your personal information
- Ensure compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities
- Monitor and review transactions to identify illegal or irregular gaming activities such as fraud and money laundering.
8. Your Choice - Direct Marketing
If you are opted in to receiving notifications, from time to time we may send you promotional notifications regarding our products or services that you may find interesting.
You can change your marketing preferences at any point by following the “My Account" section on our site or by clicking on the "Unsubscribe" feature included on the bottom of our communications.
9. Sharing your personal information
Your personal data may be shared with any of the following Recipients:
- Employees of Slotty Vegas or any other company within the Maxent Limited group who require access to such information
- Third party providers offering services to the Company to allow or enable us to provide you with gambling services, including by way of example, game providers (e.g. Netent, Microgaming), payment processors and data verifiers
- To any auditors, contractors or other advisers auditing Slotty Vegas and its processes;
- To business partners and any potential purchasers or investors
- To relevant authorities and regulatory bodies.
10. International Transfer
Slotty Vegas and its service providers may be required to transfer your personal information from one country to another. This includes any destination within the European Union (EU), European Free Trade Association (EFTA) regions, as well as outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). To ensure your personal information remains safe when transferred like this, we will take all reasonable steps to maintain a suitable level of protection in line with this Policy.
11. Security of your data
We are committed to protecting the personal information you entrust to us. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that all information collected through our Sites is treated securely and in line with this Policy and strict data protection standards. Accordingly, we have adopted robust procedures and technologies to protect your data from unauthorized access and improper use.
After logging in all information sent to and from the Slotty Vegas site is encrypted using 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. The SSL certificate used is issued and verified by a carefully selected third party, click on the image for more information.
We have a dedicated fraud department and advanced systems in place to detect and prevent suspicious activity, to ensure that our website remains a secure playing-field. Any account involved in suspicious activity will be suspended and investigated to the fullest extent. Should you as user have any doubts about the activity on your account, such as unrecognized transactions in the transaction history or surprising changes in the balance, please contact us immediately.
12. Legal responsibility & protection of your personal data
We understand that in collecting and processing your personal information we are bound by strict legal provisions of data protection.
To protect and safeguard all personal information that falls under our control we have implemented suitable security policies, rules and technical measures covering practices of improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
Given that the internet is a global environment requiring transmission of data, Maxent Limited cannot fully guarantee the security of all information that you share online. This policy is intended to inform you of the security risks of providing personal information over the internet and will not be held liable for security breaches that are not the result of failure from our end to provide the sufficient technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR.
13. Update your Personal Information
Please keep in mind that to comply with regulatory requirements, the information we hold about you needs to be up-to-date at all times. You may update information on our site from "My Account" or by getting in touch with one of our Live Chat agents via chat or email on email@example.com.
14. Your rights & choices over your personal information
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access to the Personal Data that you may have provided through your use of the Services. Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- the right for information;
- the right to access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to object to processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- the right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact us to have the matter investigated by completing our complaints form available on our website.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to our lead data protection authority. As we are based in Malta, our principal data protection regulator is the Malta Office of the Information and Data Protection Commissioner (IDPC Malta).If you reside in any other country in which we operate, you may choose to contact the regulator in your country of residence:
16. Right to access the information we hold about you
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you, known as a subject access request. You also have the right to request that information we hold about you which may be incorrect, or which has been changed since you first told us, is updated or removed. These requests are free of charge and can be sent by email to the relevant team by firstname.lastname@example.org or by contacting our Customer Support team via our Livechat service or via email at email@example.com.
Upon receipt of an SAR, the relevant team will log and acknowledge the request.
18. Identity verification
We need to check the identity of anyone making a SAR to ensure information is only given to the person who is entitled to it. If the identity of a SAR requester has not already been provided, the person receiving the request may ask the requester for KYC documents to verify the account.
19. Information for Data Subject Access Request
Upon receipt of the required documents, the person receiving the request will provide the relevant team with all relevant information in support of the SAR. Where the Team is reasonably satisfied with the information presented by the person who received the request, the Data Protection Officer will notify the requestor that his/her SAR will be responded to within 30 calendar days. The 30 day period begins from the date that the required documents are received. The requestor will be informed by the Data Protection Team in writing if there will be any deviation from the 30 day timeframe due to other intervening events or if the request is unusually complex.
20. Review of Information
The Team will ensure that the information is reviewed/received by the imposed deadline to ensure the 30 calendar day timeframe is not breached.
21. Response to Access Requests
The Team will provide the finalized response together with the information retrieved and/or a statement that the Company does not hold the information requested, or that an exemption applies.
The Team will ensure that a written response will be sent back to the requestor. This will be via email.
After the response has been sent to the requestor, the SAR will be considered closed and archived by the Team.
An individual does not have the right to access information recorded about someone else, unless they are an authorized representative.
The Company is not required to respond to requests for information unless it is provided with sufficient details to enable the location of the information to be identified, and to satisfy itself as to the identity of the data subject making the request.
In principle, the Company will not normally disclose the following types of information in response to a Data Subject
- Information about other people – A Data Subject Access Request may cover information which relates to an individual or individuals other than the data subject. Access to such data will not be granted, unless the individuals involved consent to the disclosure of their data.
- Repeat requests – Where a similar or identical request in relation to the same data subject has previously been complied with within a reasonable time period, and where there is no significant change in personal data held in relation to that data subject, any further request made within a six month period of the original request will be considered a repeat request, and the Company will not normally provide a further copy of the same data.
- Publicly available information – The Company is not required to provide copies of documents which are already in the public domain.
- Opinions given in confidence or protected by copyright law – The Company does not have to disclose personal data held in relation to a data subject that is in the form of an opinion given in confidence or protected by copyright law.
24. Data Subject Access Request Refusals
There are situations where individuals do not have a right to see information relating to them. For instance:
- If the information is kept only for the purpose of statistics or research, and where the results of the statistical work or research are not made available in a form that identifies any of the individuals involved.
- Requests made for other, non-data protection purposes can be rejected.
If the responsible person refuses a Data Subject Access Request on behalf of the Company, the reasons for the rejection must be clearly set out in writing. Any individual dissatisfied with the outcome of his/her Data Subject Access Request is entitled to make a request to the Data Protection Officer to review the outcome.
The overall responsibility for ensuring compliance with an SAR rests with the Data Protection Officer.
If the Company acts as a data controller towards the data subject making the request then the SAR will be addressed based on the provisions of this procedure.
If the Company acts as a data processor the Data Protection Officer will forward the request to the appropriate data controller on whose behalf the Company processes personal data of the data subject making the request.
26. Retention of your personal information
Both you and Slotty Vegas have the right to close your player account at any point. After closing your account, your personal information is stored for as long as required by law and data will only be used if required by competent authorities.
When there is no need to process your personal information further, we will delete it. Legally, we may be required to keep personal information for a shorter or longer period depending on the purpose of use.
27. Rights related to automated decision making, including profiling
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on your personal information. This helps us to make sure our decisions are quick, fair, efficient and correct, based on what we know. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we may offer you now or in the future, or the ability to use our services.
We may use automate decisions making in the following situations:
- tailoring products and services – we may place you in groups with similar customers (segments) to study and learn about preferences and your needs, and offer more tailored experience for you;
- detecting fraud - we use your personal information to help decide and detect if your account may be being used for fraud or money-laundering. If we think there is a risk of fraud, we may block or suspend the account;
- opening account - when you open an account with us, we check that the product or service is relevant for you, based on what we know. We also check that you meet the conditions needed to open the account. This may include checking age, residency, nationality or financial position;
- risk assessment connected to your betting activing
- Data protection law seeks to safeguard individuals against harm that may arise from decision-making - including profiling - that takes place without human intervention. You have the right not to be subject to a decision - including profiling - when it is based on the automated processing of your personal information and it has a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
Please note that the right does not apply when the processing is:
- necessary for entering into or for the performance of a contract with you; or
- when it is authorised by law; or
- when it is based on your explicit consent.
28. External Sites
This site may contain links or banners to other external web sites operated by third parties. If you use any of the external links, you will be directed to a site which is not covered by our privacy policies. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected on the Slotty Vegas Casino website. We will bear no liability for the content on third-party websites.